cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lumoe
Level: Powered On

skipped column fields, "dead" form areas/fields/column spaces

Hola everyone,

I created a customized form in SharePoint. It has a lot of fields to fill in, so I did 2 columns. Now, some of the areas in the second column are skipped, which means, I can neither drag and drop nor place something there at all. If i try to drag a card on the space, it just slides right back at its old place and PowerApps also doesnt show the normal "anchor" thing (grey highlight at the edge of a column) it usually does show when you try to drag a card to a certain space (see screenshots)

I'm a total newbie to PowerApps, hope anybody can help 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Sienna
Level 10

Re: skipped column fields, "dead" form areas/fields/column spaces

I strongly recommend not to use any forms neither datacards.. There is no point of using them in any way. They are full of bugs and are very limited. In my opinion it is much more friendly for end user to split the inputs into two screen rather then scroll through them

lumoe

Well I got 3 tabs and 2 columns, which would made 6 screens, and as far as I dug into PowerApps tutorials, I'd need a "new" and an "edit" version of every screen,,, which would make 12 screens in total. Is that really the solution 😕 ?

Sienna
Level 10

@lumoe

No you don't need 12 screens at all. All the tutorial you were watching are for edit forms but if you don't want to use (which I strongly recomned) you can do whatever you like. You can have editing or creating rows in any numbers of screen. You can easily modify it as you wish with no limits. You will then have to use  Patch function for editing and updating rows instead of SubmitForm. Do not even bother to look at that function. Do not even look how to work with those misstakes of PA which is Forms.

Highlighted
Sienna
Level 10

I've made you a little example which should help you to get some idea

1/ Create a new blank app

2/Insert 2nd screen so the app have 2 screens

3/In 1st screen insert 2 InputText with a button

4/ Change button OnSelect property to 

Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.None)

screen1.png

5/ In second screen insert another 2 InputTexts and 1 button

6/ Change the button OnSelect property to

Collect(TestCollection,{column1:TextInput1.Text, column2: TextInput2.Text, column3:TextInput3.Text,column4:TextInput4.Text})

screen2.png

That is it... Obviously this is for collection.. You will have to use Patch for SP or other type of databases

lumoe

ok thanks, I'll be researching on the patch function 🙂 Nevertheless, I want to create columns on my forms (which, in a perfect world, are placed constantly and not with holes and omissions in between

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,506)