cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahhollan
Helper V
Helper V

some field values not saved when patching using form1.updates to create record in SharePoint

I've recently learned that you can use form.updates to patch defaults and create a new record in a SP list. However, when I kick off the patch function, some fields are not  storing values in the SP list. Specifically, comboboxes are an issue. Any thoughts on why comboboxes aren't updating?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@ahhollan could you share u'r code for the patch and probably a screen shot of u'r form.

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ahhollan 

Why are you not simply using the SubmitForm to create your new records?

When you use Patch on the Updates property of the form, you are bypassing all of the functionality that the form does for you in your App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Super User
Super User

@ahhollan could you share u'r code for the patch and probably a screen shot of u'r form.

If(
Form1.Mode = FormMode.New,
Patch('PO&T QC',Defaults('PO&T QC'),{Site:DataCardValue3.Selected}; Form1.Updates));

ahhollan_0-1621536315037.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ahhollan 

Why are you not simply using the SubmitForm to create your new records?

When you use Patch on the Updates property of the form, you are bypassing all of the functionality that the form does for you in your App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,195)