cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahhollan
Helper V
Helper V

some field values not saved when patching using form1.updates to create record in SharePoint

I've recently learned that you can use form.updates to patch defaults and create a new record in a SP list. However, when I kick off the patch function, some fields are not  storing values in the SP list. Specifically, comboboxes are an issue. Any thoughts on why comboboxes aren't updating?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ahhollan could you share u'r code for the patch and probably a screen shot of u'r form.

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@ahhollan 

Why are you not simply using the SubmitForm to create your new records?

When you use Patch on the Updates property of the form, you are bypassing all of the functionality that the form does for you in your App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

3 REPLIES 3
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ahhollan could you share u'r code for the patch and probably a screen shot of u'r form.

If(
Form1.Mode = FormMode.New,
Patch('PO&T QC',Defaults('PO&T QC'),{Site:DataCardValue3.Selected}; Form1.Updates));

ahhollan_0-1621536315037.png

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@ahhollan 

Why are you not simply using the SubmitForm to create your new records?

When you use Patch on the Updates property of the form, you are bypassing all of the functionality that the form does for you in your App.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,548)