cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

some variable and collections have been reset

Hi everyone,

 

I'm getting multiple errors in my app after 2 days of not touching it. The only change that was made was a view change in the SharePoint list which I'm pretty sure shouldn't have affected it? I saw another post regarding this issue but my issue appears to be different. I have multiple versions of this app and they are all affected despite no changes being made to them in the last couple days.

 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/some-variables-and-collections-have-been-res...

 

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea thats exactly whats happening to me too, hoping this is one of those microsoft issues that just magically solves itself by tomorrow haha

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DDCJOEE
Advocate III
Advocate III

This has been happening to me too all day while troubleshooting an app. I couldn't figure it out, so I just started hitting skip. If I hit Save and Reload, I'd become trapped in a never-ending cycle of the app saving, closing, and reloading itself without any input. Definitely odd.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yea thats exactly whats happening to me too, hoping this is one of those microsoft issues that just magically solves itself by tomorrow haha

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your record is tied to a sharepoint, try disconnecting and reconeecting your sharepoint connector. And if you get stuck in a closing and opening app loop either use a different browser or erase your cache and cookies

Kathomsen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same thing happening with my App. Wow, what a time waster to try to figure out what is expected here.

 

SekLot
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous 

I had same issue. From reading your comment and screenshot, I suspected the problem was from the variable name: "varRecord", I changed the name and that solved the problem. You might want to consider change of variable name.

 

Thanks

SekLot
Frequent Visitor

@VIP567 

My initial comment is inaccurate, the problem is setting same Variable with different data structure (e.g. setting it up with different data source structure). Hence, the variable is confused.

 

Check the variable view of your solution, then ensure all buttons/clicks creating the variable are picking from same data source.

 

Thanks

This worked for me!! Thank you 😊

powerUser1611
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had this problem yesterday and fixed it this morning. For me, my variables were defined from a collection, and a change in my data source (SharePoint) made my collection formula incorrect, causing my variables to throw this error.

 

My code looked like this:

ClearCollect(colCollection, library1);

Collect(colCollection, library2);

Collect(colCollection, library3)

 

This collection formed the items property of my gallery and several variables were defined from it. library1 and library2 have a SharePoint Lookup column that they share. When I received the error message "the schema for your data sources has been updated, which have reset the following collections and variables" it made me think that the problem was with the data, not the app. I pulled the two libraries up side by side and I found a difference between them: one had been checked for "allow multiple values" and one was not checked. This is how the "data sources" had been updated. Either I, or a colleague, accidentally checked that box, which prevented colCollection from being formed, which prevented my variables from being defined.

 

In my case, the problem related back to my data source. The app worked fine, the data source changed, then the error occurred. Hope this helps someone's troubleshooting in the future.

wagnerortizz
Helper I
Helper I

I had the same issue..

In my case, I had created a copy of the screen in which I was using the variable. 

At the moment I created, I didnt realize that it started causing the bug...

When I noticed the bug, I spent all day long trying to solve it...When I finally thought it could have something to do with the extra screen, I deleted it and the bug was gone.

 

I am only writing it to help other users.

 

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,313)