cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

startswith delagation warning sharepoint

Why am I getting a delagation warning using StartsWith in a filter against a single line of text in a SharePoint list?

Documentation says that Startswith is delegable ( is that a word) when using with a Filter in SharePoint

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-list

Here is the statement that is throwing the warning....

Filter(Products, StartsWith(Code,TextInput1.Text))

Documentation says this should work so what's up with the warning?  Can you use Startswith within a filter against a single line of text in a SharePoint list or not??????

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Thanks sky for your response.

Adding an index sounded interesting and I suspect it would possibly work for an item list.

The problem I have is that the powerapp is embedded in dynamics. It gets customer and opportunity information, and then retrieves a list of files that are linked to that opportunity and underlying folders.

The folder structure in place starts from the Account, then a folder for the account. Underneath, a folder is created for the opportunity, and underneath, files and folders created in dynamics are visible there.

The filter aims to find files/folders in sharepoint whose path starts with the account/opty combination.

So the structure would look like:

Account           

Level1

Level2               

Level3

Level3 file path (here I want to index)

Account1

OptyA

File1.xlsx

Account/Account1/OptyA/File1.xlsx

File2.doc

Account/Account1/OptyA/File2.doc

OptyB

File3.xlm

Account/Account1/OptyB/File3.xlm

Account2

Account3

OptyC

OptyD

File4.jpg

Account/Account3/OptyD/File4.jpg

The column I filter is in level3.

How could I add an index at that level?

Thanks!

Ozzie

Here is my Suggestion

• Use SharePoint to save the files - put them in a document library
  • Make sure you add the Account and Opportunity names as metadata to the file when you add it to the SharePoint doc library
  • Create an index on Account Name field and another to the Opportunity name field in SharePoint
  • Back in PowerApps, create a gallery then set the items property to filter by the account name, then sort the results by the opportunity name

This will give you what you are looking for

If you step back, Folders are really just metadata with a  pretty face...   You can mimic their functionality using filtering and sorting 🙂

Best of luck!

RyanXExner
Advocate II
Advocate II

Any update to this?

Changing the items property to a collection and populating the collection onselect works, but it pulls back a lot of data and sets the IsSearchable property to false. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (83,678)