cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

submit data from multiple EditForm screens to one row in Sharepoint List

Hey Everyone,

I have been searching for an answer since yesterday and can't find it anywhere, so I decided to try here. I am creating a bunch of mobile apps for a restaurant to record various processes and checklists. The one I am working on now is to record the temperature of the freezer at various times during the day, and I currently have it saving to a SharePoint list. (The hope is to eventually move it to a SQL database, but right now we need to get these apps running and our coder is creating other software for us.) I have the app set up so that you first have a form used to identify the Cooler, the Week you are recording, and the Location (we have 3 stores right now). Once that form is completed, I have it saving the form and taking them to a screen where they can choose which day they are recording. Once they click on the appropriate day, they can enter the information (such as calibrating the thermometer, 8 am temp, 11 am tamp, etc.). I want them to be able to save the form and pick up where they left off at the next temp reading, and all of the different EditForms to continue recording on the same line on my SharePoint list.

I hope this was clear enough.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: submit data from multiple EditForm screens to one row in Sharepoint List

Hi @jbergstein ,

Could you tell me how do you justify whether user wants to create new record or edit an existing record?

If "Week of" field is used to  record the week of current week number, this is easy to justify.

However, how you justify whether the location has existed in the list when you open the app?

You could get current location's Longitude and Latitude when you open the app.

So I assume that you use current location's Longitude and Latitude to update location field and use this to justify.

Could you tell me which day is your week's starting day? I assume that Sunday.

1)the app's OnStart:

If(
IsEmpty(
LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
RoundUp((DateDiff(Date(Year(Today()),1,1),Today())-(7-Weekday(Date(Year(Today()),1,1))+1))/7,0)+1,
//current week number
Location=Location.Latitude&","&Location.Longitude
//currect location
)
),
NewForm(Form1),
Navigate(Screen2)
)

2)screen1:
Insert Form1, set its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Week of", "Location", "Cooler" fields in this form.

Insert a submit button, set its OnSelect:

SubmitForm(Form1);Navigate(Screen2)

3)screen2:

insert a drop down to choose weekday, set its Items:

["Mon","Tue","Wen","Thu","Fir","Sat","Sun"]

insert a navigate button, set the button's OnSelect:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Mon",
Navigate(Screen3),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Tue",
Navigate(Screen4),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Wed",
Navigate(Screen5),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Thu",
Navigate(Screen6),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Fir",
Navigate(Screen7),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Sat",
Navigate(Screen8),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Sun",
Navigate(Screen9)
)

4)screen3:

insert Form2, set  its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Mon 8 am", "Mon 11 am","Mon 2 pm", "Mon 5 pm".

set the form's Item:

LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
RoundUp((DateDiff(Date(Year(Today()),1,1),Today())-(7-Weekday(Date(Year(Today()),1,1))+1))/7,0)+1,
)

SubmitForm(Form2)

4)screen4:

insert Form3, set  its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Tue 8 am", "Tue 11 am","Tue 2 pm", "Tue 5 pm".

set the form's Item:

LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
)

SubmitForm(Form3)

same as screen5(Wed),screen6(Thu),screen7(Fir),screen8(Sat),screen9(Sun).

Then, when you firstly open this app, if current week and current location has no data in the list, you will navigate to screen1 to create a new record to fill in data: "Week of", "Location", "Cooler". After you submit the form, you will navigate to screen2 to choose weekday.

If current week and current location has data in the list, you will navigate to screen2 to choose weekday.

After you choose weekday in screen2, you will navigate to different forms based on the weekday selection.

Forms in screen3-screen9 are used to fill in data of different day.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jbergstein ,

If I read you right User will enter the temperatures on various timings of the day and they have to be captured in a single line in SharePoint List. Before I provide any solution may I get some answers:

1. How are saving the data entered between the times (8 AM to 11 AM there is  a gap of  3 hours, how are you handling the session time)
  2. How you want to save the data in Sharepoint List.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

1. How are saving the data entered between the times (8 AM to 11 AM there is  a gap of  3 hours, how are you handling the session time)

There are no recordings between 8 am and 11 am. The check the temperature every 3 hours and record the temperature reading at that specific time. For instance, at the beginning of the day, the calibrate the thermometer, and record that result. After they calibrate, they measure the temperature at 8 am, and record that result. I want them to be able to record the temperature at 8 am, close the app, and be able to record it again at the 11 am time. This continues for every day of the week.

2. How you want to save the data in Sharepoint List.

The sharepoint list has columns for recording the "Week of", "Location", "Cooler", "Mon 8 am", "Mon 11 am", etc. The list repeats for every time of day, every day of the week. See screenshot attached. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbergstein ,

Could you tell me how do you justify whether user wants to create new record or edit an existing record?

If "Week of" field is used to  record the week of current week number, this is easy to justify.

However, how you justify whether the location has existed in the list when you open the app?

You could get current location's Longitude and Latitude when you open the app.

So I assume that you use current location's Longitude and Latitude to update location field and use this to justify.

Could you tell me which day is your week's starting day? I assume that Sunday.

1)the app's OnStart:

If(
IsEmpty(
LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
//current week number
//currect location
)
),
NewForm(Form1),
Navigate(Screen2)
)

2)screen1:
Insert Form1, set its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Week of", "Location", "Cooler" fields in this form.

SubmitForm(Form1);Navigate(Screen2)

3)screen2:

insert a drop down to choose weekday, set its Items:

["Mon","Tue","Wen","Thu","Fir","Sat","Sun"]

insert a navigate button, set the button's OnSelect:

If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Mon",
Navigate(Screen3),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Tue",
Navigate(Screen4),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Wed",
Navigate(Screen5),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Thu",
Navigate(Screen6),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Fir",
Navigate(Screen7),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Sat",
Navigate(Screen8),
Dropdown1.Selected.Value="Sun",
Navigate(Screen9)
)

4)screen3:

insert Form2, set  its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Mon 8 am", "Mon 11 am","Mon 2 pm", "Mon 5 pm".

set the form's Item:

LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
)

SubmitForm(Form2)

4)screen4:

insert Form3, set  its data source to this sharepoint list, only choose "Tue 8 am", "Tue 11 am","Tue 2 pm", "Tue 5 pm".

set the form's Item:

LookUp(listname,
'Week of'=
)

SubmitForm(Form3)

same as screen5(Wed),screen6(Thu),screen7(Fir),screen8(Sat),screen9(Sun).

Then, when you firstly open this app, if current week and current location has no data in the list, you will navigate to screen1 to create a new record to fill in data: "Week of", "Location", "Cooler". After you submit the form, you will navigate to screen2 to choose weekday.

If current week and current location has data in the list, you will navigate to screen2 to choose weekday.

After you choose weekday in screen2, you will navigate to different forms based on the weekday selection.

Forms in screen3-screen9 are used to fill in data of different day.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,439)