Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gennarodp
Post Patron
Post Patron

submit text value of selected buttons in collection

Hello,

i am trying to do an receptionist app to storage data of visitors of my enterprise.

In one screen i have 6 Area's buttons (Operations, Maintenance, eccc) to choice each area to visit.

I would like to create a collection that have Text Button selected.

What function, can i use ?

This is my actual final button function to storage data in collection:

Collect(ShoppingCart,{VisitTipology:TextInput1.Text,NameSurname:TextInput1_1.Text,Company:TextInput1_2.Text});Navigate([@OtherScreen], ScreenTransition.Fade)

I want to add in this the column "AreatoVisit", with selected Text Button.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understand your use case correctly, you could set a variable onselect of the button, and then use that in your collect.

OnSelect for each button example -  Set(vArea, "Operations")

Collect(ShoppingCart,{VisitTipology:TextInput1.Text,NameSurname:TextInput1_1.Text,Company:TextInput1_2.Text, AreaToVisit: vArea});Navigate([@OtherScreen], ScreenTransition.Fade)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understand your use case correctly, you could set a variable onselect of the button, and then use that in your collect.

OnSelect for each button example -  Set(vArea, "Operations")

Collect(ShoppingCart,{VisitTipology:TextInput1.Text,NameSurname:TextInput1_1.Text,Company:TextInput1_2.Text, AreaToVisit: vArea});Navigate([@OtherScreen], ScreenTransition.Fade)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thank you very much !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,299)