Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: (=) suddenly Invalid argument

For me the .Value don't change the problem

@Aswet wrote:

Thanks, the .Value worked!

Strange that things like this just happens. Someone must have change the syntax qualifier.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi. I am very new to PowerApps.

I am unable to create an if statement using the '=' operator. I am using a SharePoint list as my source.

The formula reads: if(SharePointList.Year = 2019, "Yes", "No")

This seems like a simple formula, but for some reason it is not working. Please help.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Data_Enthusiast 

I would recommend starting a new thread on this forum as this is an old posting that has already been solved (it will get more attention as a new post)

However, consider that your If formula is trying to compare the Year of the entire list to 2019...that's not going to work.

You will need to compare a specific record field.  So something like this would work:

If(Lookup(SharePointList, ID=someId).Year = 2019, "Yes", "No")

Again, you need a specific record/field to work with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ForAll(Shop;UpdateIf('Devices'; ID_ = ID; ({Qty: Qty - Qty_})) please solve my problem i want to minus my Share point list 
with my collection data field in power app i am use this formula but not working ?

ForAll(Shop;UpdateIf('splistDevices'; collection ID_ =sp list ID; ({Qty: Qty - Qty_}))

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,816)