cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

supressing server errors

I get a intermittend error "The requested operation is invalid.Server Response.Object reference not set to instance of object"

I get it when submitting a editform, the submit is working fine, I can submit the same data and the error will come up intermittendly.

Is there a way to suppress or catch these errors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: supressing server errors

I see quite a lot of these errors:

Expected value 'fe9c0b55-a8fa-450d-b54d-979c9ac11af4' to be of ISO 8601 DateTime format.

which are likely "expected", but then I see crashes in the CDS Connector (which are not). For example this odata query is an example of a problem:

/tables/xxx_FunctionalKPIS_/items?%24filter=null+eq+Functional_KPI&%24top=1

I will get someone to investigate further.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

No, error handling in PowerApps is not as awesome as it should be in an ideal world. This is being revamped, along with the null vs error issue as they are related.

However in this particular case the error looks to be a bug in the Connector you are using. Please share a session id for deeper investigation into that.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Session ID: 0479ce81-c760-5514-9bbe-ee2d963a9a31

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

I see quite a lot of these errors:

Expected value 'fe9c0b55-a8fa-450d-b54d-979c9ac11af4' to be of ISO 8601 DateTime format.

which are likely "expected", but then I see crashes in the CDS Connector (which are not). For example this odata query is an example of a problem:

/tables/xxx_FunctionalKPIS_/items?%24filter=null+eq+Functional_KPI&%24top=1

I will get someone to investigate further.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,445)