cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: table control 'expected text value' error on new columns

Can you please share an image of the error you are getting (showing where specifically you are getting the error)? 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Also since the error says that the type is not compatible with the collection, can you share any other formula that you are using to populate the collection prior to this formula?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@PowerAddict @v-siky-msft It's the part that is drawing from another data source:

CaptureFirst.JPGCaptureLookUp.JPG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

And the controls you have for the values that you are trying to patch, are they the same data type?

Two more questions: 

1. Is this the only place in the app where you are collecting items into the Reports collection? If no, then please share the formula. 

2. Is there a specific reason you are using two collects and not combining both into one?

---

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@PowerAddict yes, it's the only place where I'm collecting to Reports. I used two collects, just because they are two different data sources. I have just combined them and got the same error.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You should be able to use one collect though. Because this way, even if it works, it will add two rows, first with the names, and second with the email, phone and other details. 

Can you go to View->Collections->Report Collection and show me the column headers that are visible there?

---

Hardit(Haman)

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

So, I thought I'd take out the whole formula and add it one item at a time (again), to try and identify where the error is, and this time it was accepted without any errors. As the collection was looking good, I reloaded the data table (which was still showing [object Object] where the original data source column was an option set), and that is looking fine too.

Thanks for the assistance, @PowerAddict @v-siky-msft  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,590)