cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Caroline
Resolver I
Resolver I

table control 'expected text value' error on new columns

I have a form control which I have just added columns to from the data source. All the existing columns are fine, but the new ones are showing [object Object], and the text function is showing the 'expected text value' error. Previously added columns show correctly, regardless of the data type.

In the image below, the withdrawal reason was an existing column, and Age was added today. Any ideas on why this is happening?

 

Capture.JPG

17 REPLIES 17

Can you please share an image of the error you are getting (showing where specifically you are getting the error)? 

 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Also since the error says that the type is not compatible with the collection, can you share any other formula that you are using to populate the collection prior to this formula?

 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

@PowerAddict @v-siky-msft It's the part that is drawing from another data source:

 

CaptureFirst.JPGCaptureLookUp.JPG

And the controls you have for the values that you are trying to patch, are they the same data type?

 

Two more questions: 

 

1. Is this the only place in the app where you are collecting items into the Reports collection? If no, then please share the formula. 

2. Is there a specific reason you are using two collects and not combining both into one?

 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

 

 

@PowerAddict yes, it's the only place where I'm collecting to Reports. I used two collects, just because they are two different data sources. I have just combined them and got the same error.

You should be able to use one collect though. Because this way, even if it works, it will add two rows, first with the names, and second with the email, phone and other details. 

 

Can you go to View->Collections->Report Collection and show me the column headers that are visible there?

 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

So, I thought I'd take out the whole formula and add it one item at a time (again), to try and identify where the error is, and this time it was accepted without any errors. As the collection was looking good, I reloaded the data table (which was still showing [object Object] where the original data source column was an option set), and that is looking fine too.

Thanks for the assistance, @PowerAddict @v-siky-msft  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,333)