cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ga_2004
Helper I
Helper I

textinput in teams using gallery

I am having trouble to read a test value from Teams using powerapps. 

I cannot find the textinput.text property .

I am using Patch to add records to datatable on gallery . 

Patch(MDM_Contents,

Defaults(MDM_Contents),

{
ModuleName:txtModule.text,
Description:txtDescription.Value,
Content_Type:txtContent,
}
);

Thanks

ga,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ga_2004 ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to use a button outside a Gallery to Patch all items of the Gallery into the data table.

So, you will need to use a ForAll function since gallery items are in a table then what you want to do is patch items into the data table one by one. The Formula in OnSelect of the button outside the Gallery would be:

ForAll(Gallery.AllItems, Patch(MDM_Contents, Defaults(MDM_Contents),{ModuleName:txtModule.Value,
Description:txtDescription.Value,Content_Type:txtContent.Value,Contact:txtContact.Value}))

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ga_2004 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Could you provide the layout of the app, including the gallery along with other controls? Where do you put the submit button, in or out of the gallery? 

Screenshots would help a lot understand your situation.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Ga_2004
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Jeff, 

I have had used a Vertical Blank Gallery , I apparently don't have the screenshot as i discarded and used the default layout of the canvas to get around the problem to add records. 

I was trying to the Patch update on a Button to update the records. 

However the fact , I still do not know how to read the text value from the textbox control. 

If I have two text input control , I want to read one text from another also I did not manage to read it. 

Can you provide an example how this can be achieved in teams powerapps. 

Thanks .

ga, 

Hi @Ga_2004 ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to use a button outside a Gallery to Patch all items of the Gallery into the data table.

So, you will need to use a ForAll function since gallery items are in a table then what you want to do is patch items into the data table one by one. The Formula in OnSelect of the button outside the Gallery would be:

ForAll(Gallery.AllItems, Patch(MDM_Contents, Defaults(MDM_Contents),{ModuleName:txtModule.Value,
Description:txtDescription.Value,Content_Type:txtContent.Value,Contact:txtContact.Value}))

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Ga_2004
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Jeff, 

I will try this out. 

I have an issue with the combo box. I have logged it if possible could you help with it. 

ga, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,999)