cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

Hey @Dcurran12

No problem. Glad it worked out for you 🙂

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

Tom, that works for items selected in gallery, but what if you want to filter the gallery by wether a column called "Team" contains User().Fullname. This column could either be a 'People' column or a lookup column which references a list of staff in another list.

I can only get the filter to work if the people column does not allow multiple values, for example:

SortByColumns(Filter(Participants, Team.DisplayName = User().FullName ), "Surname", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

What I really need is the equivilent of:

SortByColumns(Filter(Participants, Team.DisplayName CONTAINS User().FullName ), "Surname", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

I've tried every variation of find, search, filter, if and so on but as neither a lookup of people column are a text string the filter fails. I'm trying to find a workaround that would take the value of the people column and convert it to a text string which I could then use to filter the gallery.

I hope that makes some sense and thanks in advance!

Highlighted

I tried to put .Value at the end of the expression, but unfortunately I still receive the same error. "the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values"

Do you have any idea what else I could try?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Daniel_Pipe, you could try filtering the teams first and then joining it with your list of participants on ID like so:

Filter(Child,'Parent'.Id in Filter(Parent_1, TextInput1.Text in DisplayName).ID)

Do you think this might solve your problem?

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@zoltanvarga, do you mind sharing the expression you are trying to evaluate and the structure of your data?

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hey @Daniel_Pipe,

Sorry for the super late answer. Didnt have time to get back to this.

I understand what you want to do. And my first instinct with a people field (like the one in SharePoint I suppose) is that I would use a Lookup() funciton. But you can't use like contains in PowerApps. You could use like IsMatch() instead I guess but I could be wrong. 

Let me know if it helped you out a bit.

Kind regards.

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Did not matter.   Table.Field.Value does nothing,.

Highlighted

I am experiencing a similar error. I am using the following expression "ThisItem.Counterparty.Value" for a label and the underlying data source is a sharepoint list lookup field looking up value from another sharepoint list.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Something similar to this worked for me:

First(Record).FieldName

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,493)