cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanR
Level: Power Up

the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

When i try to add a new field in the BrowseScreen section of my app i get the abobe message. What do i need to correct this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

Hey all

When you add a field in the Browsescreen you do:

ThisItem.<Field>.Value

This should clear your error

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

What is the expression that you are using in the field you added?

JuanR
Level: Power Up

I'm trying to add a field from my SharePoint list that i need to see in the browse screen. The field added without problems in the details screen but i have this challenge whentrying to add it to the browse screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting the same error when i add a lookup field : "The property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Records values"

Can you please help me??

Thanks!

Martín

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hey all

When you add a field in the Browsescreen you do:

ThisItem.<Field>.Value

This should clear your error

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

racheljgood119
Level: Powered On

I have the exact same issue but it won't let me add <Field>

Super User
Super User

Hey @racheljgood119

What I mean with <Field> is your own field to fill in like e.g. ThisItem.Description.Value.

If this is not what you mean please give me some more details on your issue.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I fixed it doing this: <Entity>.<lookupfield>.<PrimaryId>

Regards!

racheljgood119

My data source for my PowerApp is a SharePoint List where I have a column with a lookup information type. Basically when you fill out my form on the SharePoint list, you choose the name of a student from a lookup function and that fills other fields with information from a different list on the site.

On the app, I want to display the student name on the browse screen, which would normally be ThisItem.Student_x0020_Name BUT when I select Student_x0020_Name from the option, I am told that "the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values"

I don't understand why the lookup values don't register as text. They are text. There are no calculated fields in the SharePoint List.

racheljgood119

I cannot get the text field to display lookup data....I am super frustrated. I will give you my phone number if you can call me about this. I really need help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,885)