cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racheljgood119
Level: Powered On

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

Thank you so much @Tom_Slosse. You are the hero of the day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

Did anyone happen the following regarding the lookup field?

Lookup fields displayed values while i am editing my app but they are not when i run the app from the web link.

while i am editing:

Capture2.JPG

Opening from web link:

Capture1.JPG

THanks!

Martín

Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous

I think your problem lays with the PrimaryId = ThisItem...

Because the lookup only expects only a datasource so what I would do is remove everything after the ; and remove the ; as well

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @Tom_Slosse.

The strange thing is that the formula is working, but values are not shown when i play the app in a web browser ( i can only see them in powerapp studio app).

Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous

I suggest you keep using the Studio instead of the web.

And try to test your apps on home.dynamics.com and see if the values are showing.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

rdevine

Im having the same issue but mine is appearing when I do it in a gallery. I am getting the incompatible record values error.

I have an object entity and a room entity. I linked the two together. When I add .value to the string it doesnt populate the table with the text value. Any thoughts?

valueerror.jpg

Dcurran12

@rdevine I'm having the same issue...

I have a "New" Form pointed at a Sharepoint List "Requests"...I'm trying to have a bunch of fields in that form default to predefined values stored in another list...so the user chooses something in the "Request Category" Lookup and this sets the default value in another form field

I have my edit form pointed to my main Sharepoint List "Requests"

Within the "Requests" sharepoint list there is a lookup field that is linked to another sharepoint list "Request Type List" and on the edit form there is a cooresponding Lookup 

I then have a plain Label (to see what's going on) where the Data Property is set to : 

First(Filter('Request Type List',Title=drpPCPRequestCategory.Selected.Value))

All i get is "The Property Expects Text Values, but this rule produces incompatible Record Values"...what am I doing wrong??

Super User
Super User

Hey @Dcurran12

Your code is good but you are using record values so you need to put the column after your existing code, if I'm not mistaken.

So something like this:

First(Filter('Request Type List',Title=drpPCPRequestCategory.Selected.Value)).<field>

If thats not working try and put Search instead of the Filter function, and add your desired field behind it like the example above.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Hey @rdevine

You should try and search for your values in the gallery.

So something like this:

First(Search(<datasource>, <gallery>.Selected.RoomLocation.Value, "<field>")).<field>

Let me know if this works, otherwise I will try and recreate your problem.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Dcurran12

@Tom_Slosse  You are a friggin ROCK STAR my friend!!  Using "First(Search(<datasource>, <gallery>.Selected.RoomLocation.Value, "<field>")).<field>" worked!  

You have know idea how hard I bashed my head against the wall to figure this sucker out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,665)