cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stefanyobando
Level: Powered On

the workflow does not work when I modify a field

I had a problem that I could not solve, it turns out that when I save the data in the list, it is saved correctly but in the workflow, when I ask to validate me with a condition if that value is equal to False send mail, currently does not send it even if the value is false. And it shouldn't be that way since the other validations work correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: the workflow does not work when I modify a field

Hi @stefanyobando ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you define a workflow within your SP List to send an email when the specific Yes/No column has been changed?

Have you taken a try with MS Flow to achieve your needs?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and do not have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have checked/enabled the "" option within your SP workflow:4.JPG

In addition, according to the needs that you mentioned, I think MS Flow (Microsoft Flow) may be a better choice for you. I have made a test on my side, please consider add a ms flow on your side, and configure it as below:5.JPG

Please consider take a try with above MS Flow to send an email notification to you when the 'Yes/No' type column value is changed instead of SP Workflow.

Please check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-f_fK3wzJY

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Is this condition being referenced in PowerApps or Flow?

PowerApps is funny on the True/False stuff. If it is a Yes/No column on your SharePoint List then often you have to refer to at as "0" or "1" instead of yes/no or true/false. Also, you may have to play around with doing as looking for Not True instead of False. 

I typically do almost all of my fields as Text on the SharePoint list to avoid these issues. But you can make it work, just might have to try a few different ways of looking at it. 

What is your column type?

stefanyobando

Hi, 

Thanks for help me!! My column type is Yes/No. 

@rebeccas wrote:

PowerApps is funny on the True/False stuff. If it is a Yes/No column on your SharePoint List then often you have to refer to at as "0" or "1" instead of yes/no or true/false. Also, you may have to play around with doing as looking for Not True instead of False. 

I typically do almost all of my fields as Text on the SharePoint list to avoid these issues. But you can make it work, just might have to try a few different ways of looking at it. 

@rebeccas wrote:

Super User
Super User

Pul a label somewhere that looks for that and play around with what it takes to make it show the right. Be sure and check several different options until they all say what you want it to say. Once you can make that label show correctly then put it back where you want it in your app. 

This is a good easy way to trouble shoot a problem. 

stefanyobando

I'm sorry but I don't understand, you tell me to add a tag but how do I get the values ​​that I add in those fields to show on that label?

Super User
Super User

Is this in PowerApps that you are having the issue?

The label is just a place that shows to see if the condition you are looking for that your referenced above is being met when you show it should be.

stefanyobando

Yes, it is in the workflow, I think!!  look, when I come and fill in the fields, and I send the form the fields are saved but I put a flag in the mail so that it shows me what the field brings and the value is always false even if it is true '' yes '' in the list. I understand what you want to tell me but then how do I tell that label to show me the data? in the form?

Form: 

field.PNG   

Email:

mail.PNG    

Sharepoint List: 

list.PNG

Super User
Super User

Sorry...I only do PowerApps with Canvas Apps and that is not what this is.

Just hang on and hopefully someone else can chime in that has some help for you. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @stefanyobando ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you define a workflow within your SP List to send an email when the specific Yes/No column has been changed?

Have you taken a try with MS Flow to achieve your needs?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and do not have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if you have checked/enabled the "" option within your SP workflow:4.JPG

In addition, according to the needs that you mentioned, I think MS Flow (Microsoft Flow) may be a better choice for you. I have made a test on my side, please consider add a ms flow on your side, and configure it as below:5.JPG

Please consider take a try with above MS Flow to send an email notification to you when the 'Yes/No' type column value is changed instead of SP Workflow.

Please check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-f_fK3wzJY

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,429)