Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

there is no category and chart for the budget tracker template

Hi Support,

Pls help to check why there is no category and chart for the budget tracker template 

Following is my steps for a reference:
1.Create an App from template, save Excel file to OneDrive.
2.Open the Excel file in OneDrive, delete all rows in Budgets, Expenses, Receipts, ExpenseByCategory. In the Categories sheet, just add “Hotel”

3.Then save the file and reopen the App.

4.Add a new budget , no problem

5.Got to the new budget, add an expense, found no category can be selected.

6.add an expense , and save , found no chart on it.

Your colleauge    shared this to me before , it is fine to add data, but no category and chart(https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/can-not-add-new-data-in-Powerapp-after-remvoe-th... ) , hope you can test it before reply this question, if make sure no problem, hope sometone can guide me step by step, as waste too much time on it, thanks.

2016-11-04 13_59_16-can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the ... - Power Users Community.png2016-11-04 13_59_16-can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the ... - Power Users Community2.png

2016-11-04 14_01_10-can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the ... - Power Users Community.png 2016-11-04 14_02_42-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

2016-11-04 14_07_07-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Justin,

To show Categories and Pie chart on the App, for a test, I open the Excel file on OneDrive, delete all rows in Budgets, Expenses, Receipts, ExpenseByCategory, then add more items in the Categories sheet.

Newcategories.png

Then reopen the App, create a New Budget:

Newbudget.PNG

Then create a new Expense, at there, all the categories are displayed and I can select the items that I added.

NewExpense.PNG

After clicking the Save button, the Pie chart would be shown on the App:

Piechart.PNG

Please try again to see if the Categories and Pie chart could be shown on your App.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I have come across this problem as well.

The problem only exists when I run the app from PowerApps studio. If in designer you click on the pages and data rows to get the graph and dropdown populated and visible, you will find that it all works running from studio. Perhaps the team can try and identify why as it wastes quite some time when designing and testing.

The graph and dropdown work ok for me when I go to run the app outside of studio.

Dave

Highlighted

I test again in different account and pc, has same issue, no category and chart after create.

I can share my desktop to show you if you need.

Highlighted

Hi Justin,

I test again with this by creating an app from Budget Tracker template, it seems that there is still an issue to show the pie chart and category.

I have reported this issue from my side, and I would update you once I get any updates. If you need more help, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,905)