cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thisitem = this formula uses scope, which is not currently supported for powerapps evaluation

Hi!

I have this weird problem when trying to make thumbnails from documentlibrary.

I have been following this guide, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buJKpQD0ZPM
,but when I type ThisItem i directly shows thisitem = this formula uses scope, which is not currently supported for powerapps evaluation.

I´m novice at Powerapps, can somenone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: thisitem = this formula uses scope, which is not currently supported for powerapps evaluation

@Hin82 ,

What exactly are you trying to do here?

If you have a Gallery  with the Items of the Library name, the Image property of an Image Control set to 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

will display the picture.

If you have the control elsewhere on the screen and want to see the item selected in the gallery (change to your gallery name)

YourGalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: thisitem = this formula uses scope, which is not currently supported for powerapps evaluation

@Hin82 ,

What exactly are you trying to do here?

If you have a Gallery  with the Items of the Library name, the Image property of an Image Control set to 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

will display the picture.

If you have the control elsewhere on the screen and want to see the item selected in the gallery (change to your gallery name)

YourGalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hin82 ,

ThisItem is a Record of each row, you can use ThisItem to specify the column of data to be displayed, e.g. Set Label.Text to ThisItem.Title in gallery, then the label shows corresponding Title value in each row of gallery.

Again, if you want to show thumbnails in the gallery, try to use ThisItem.Thumbnail.Medium to Image property of Image control inside the gallery.

For more reference: ThisItem operator 

In addition, the message shown is because the ThisItem represents Record, it isn't supported to be evaluated. The message is just a statement and won't affect the app.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Its not error, it can't show  data at once. Because it have multiple records that's why this message showing.
image.png

And about your problem, if thumbnail not working, you can use this .
You can use this code to show images in your Gallery:

ThisItem.'Link to item'

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Hin82 ,

Yes @sayyed007amir is correct regarding the 'Link to Item'. It is however slower to show the image as it has to resolve a URL on each image and also does not work on mobile devices.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Hin82 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

he problem for me was that I have my POwerapps in Swedish and for some reason it didnt buy thumbnail, but when I changed it Miniatyr that is Miniature (Thumbnail) in Swedish Ive got it to work! 😄

THX for all your help! 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @Hin82 ,

Glad you got it working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,585)