cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AleksCaine
Level: Powered On

transfer the selected row in the table for editing

Hello everyone! ) Can you help me again? ))
how can I transfer the selected row in the table for editing? if I have your pages, one directly with the table, and the second with the fields from the table for editing each field individuallyю

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: transfer the selected row in the table for editing

@AleksCaine 

Fortunately this question is very straight-forward.  Your Data Table and Edit Form must both have the same datasource property.

your_datasource_name

Then use this code in the Item property of your Edit Form.  When you click on a row in the Edit Form the default values will be updated to match the table.

DataTable1.Selected

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

If you are using a standard form, you can use the SubmitForm function. If not, Patch is good.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@AleksCaine 

Fortunately this question is very straight-forward.  Your Data Table and Edit Form must both have the same datasource property.

your_datasource_name

Then use this code in the Item property of your Edit Form.  When you click on a row in the Edit Form the default values will be updated to match the table.

DataTable1.Selected

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

AleksCaine
Level: Powered On

Thank you so much!
And what is the best way to save the change in the row cells? Just use the patch? Or can it be saved otherwise?

Super User
Super User

If you are using a standard form, you can use the SubmitForm function. If not, Patch is good.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,869)