cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triple combobox layout ??

Hello guys, I was wondering if there is a way to make a combo box have a triple layout. For example in the project that I am working on, I have a form where the user inserts appointments for his patients. Power apps gives you the choice of a single or double layout for the combo box control. When I press the arrow and the patients appear, it shows their full name. What I want is something like this: Full name, Age, Address. On the Items property I have written Choices([@'Patient Transactions'].'Patient Lookup') and on Display fields the full name field. Can I achieve that with a combo box or do I have to use another control??? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nikokont :

Do you want to show 3 fields in a combo box control?

Could you tell me what is your data soucrce?Is it an entity(CDS)?Or SharePoint List?

I assume it is an entity.

First,I'm afraid that showing 3 fields in one combo box control is not available.

Secondly, I suggest you use a combination of controls instead of combo box.For example:

1\Add a textinput control-TextInput8

Default(Clear the default property)

2\Add "down" arrow 

OnSelect

Set(MYVar,!MYVar) /*MYVar is my custom variable*/

3\Add a gallery(Gallery18)

Items 

Choices([@'Patient Transactions'].'Patient Lookup')

Visible

MYVar

4\Add three labels into Gallery18

In addition, you can also consider creating a component:

I think this link will hlep you a lot:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Add-images-in-a-dropdown/td-p/708464

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @nikokont ,

Not in the standard layout, but you could concatenate the two "secondary" fields with AddColumns to the Items and then display the new field as the second field.

You would need to change the Items to a "manual" lookup reflecting the original in the data source (I assume this is from another list) and the Update would become a bit more complex (would need an odata statement), but should be doable).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nikokont :

Do you want to show 3 fields in a combo box control?

Could you tell me what is your data soucrce?Is it an entity(CDS)?Or SharePoint List?

I assume it is an entity.

First,I'm afraid that showing 3 fields in one combo box control is not available.

Secondly, I suggest you use a combination of controls instead of combo box.For example:

1\Add a textinput control-TextInput8

Default(Clear the default property)

2\Add "down" arrow 

OnSelect

Set(MYVar,!MYVar) /*MYVar is my custom variable*/

3\Add a gallery(Gallery18)

Items 

Choices([@'Patient Transactions'].'Patient Lookup')

Visible

MYVar

4\Add three labels into Gallery18

In addition, you can also consider creating a component:

I think this link will hlep you a lot:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Add-images-in-a-dropdown/td-p/708464

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,483)