Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

two drop downs list

hi all

i was just wanting to know how i can get my drop downs to populate my list 

i have two drop downs which are relent on each other, but now i have added them in the text boxes go to the correct list but the 2 drop downs just populate the list i am using for the drop downs. 

i think it is something to do with the update for the card but not sure. i have tried to use dropdown1.selected.value but i keep getting an error message 

the to lists are named 

data for allowance drop down and stopping out allowance 

im verry new to power apps so it could be something easy i have done (i hope : ) )

hope this makes seance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: two drop downs list

@ktownshend, i have  got mine to work some how it was something in the update section for the data cards for the drop down i have attached a few screen shots i don't no if that will help you. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@andyw2 

Please supply the following information to help our fourm members respond to your post.

• What error message are you receiving?  Please share a screenshot.
  • What code have you used?  Please COPY + PASTE into your post
  • What does your app look like?  Please share a screenshot

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hope this video from Shane Young helps:

https://youtu.be/NDKmj1ZG4Ys

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

hi i have attached the screen shot but im not sure which part of code you need so i have shown the update code, if there is anything else you need let me know as i am new and this is my first go at creating an app, 

there was no error message it sends the information to the wrong list 

thanks 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@eka24  the link you provided doesn't go to any video from Shane Young.  Can you please update the link or share which video to watch as I'm also having this issue with my dropdown's not saving information back to my SharePoint list and if I go back to edit the information, it resets to defaults which has beendriving me nuts for days now.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

i forgot to say that the link did not  go to a Shane young video  

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

this link does not got the Shane young video it goes to 

Free United Communications Platform

what ever that is 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@andyw2, I've been watching a lot of Shane's videos over the last two weeks or so and they are very helpful but I just can't figure out what I'm missing and why my entries are not saving back to my main list.  So interested in what else is out there to maybe help.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

i have watched loads of his videos, which are all realy good but none of it is helping me get the information from my app to the one share point list, it just populates my list i am using for the drop downs with the information and all the other information goes to the other list. its so frustrating when i know it is some thing stupid i am doing 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@andyw2, I agree that they are very well done and have helped me figure out a lot but like you, I'm getting stuck at how to get the inputs back into my master list.

It looks like the New form is working, it's pulling the Auto number and the dropdown feed each other as I expect but once I click that save button in the form, I get blanks in my list and when I edit it resets to blank defaults.  Been fighting with this for like two weeks now and I'm just not getting anywhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,763)