cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

type 'Calculated' cannot be used in the query filter expression. clientRequestId

Hi

I have a column named 'B' and it is a calculated field NOW() - [Due Date] so I put this in the FILTER QUERY --> B eq 'EXPIRED'

However, it failed and the Error Details is

The field 'B' of type 'Calculated' cannot be used in the query filter expression. clientRequestId : 7c92d7e20-a148.....

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: type 'Calculated' cannot be used in the query filter expression. clientRequestId

Hi YEUNG_Gabriel,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. I create a simple flow with the action “SharePoint – Get rows”, then use Filter query to filter the items.

According to your description, I add a Calculated column named B in the list. I assume that the “EXPIRED” might be a Number column on your side. So I also use a Number column on my side.

Below is a screenshot for my flow configuration:

3.PNG

The flow failed with the same error message you mentioned:

4.PNG

I have seen a thread which is saying that The Calculated field is also not supported in query filter expression. So when we using the Calculated column in Flow, we will get the error message “Calculated cannot be used in the query filter expression”. Please check the thread at here:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/SqlServer/en-US/328cbc11-f37c-4489-9bf7-9710c655f7d1/error-...

You could also consider to create a request at Flow Ideas Forum about this issue, hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

PS: Please post Microsoft Flow related issues on Microsoft Flow Forums, the reason why I recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified respondents, and other partners who read the forum regularly will share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: type 'Calculated' cannot be used in the query filter expression. clientRequestId

Hi YEUNG_Gabriel,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. I create a simple flow with the action “SharePoint – Get rows”, then use Filter query to filter the items.

According to your description, I add a Calculated column named B in the list. I assume that the “EXPIRED” might be a Number column on your side. So I also use a Number column on my side.

Below is a screenshot for my flow configuration:

3.PNG

The flow failed with the same error message you mentioned:

4.PNG

I have seen a thread which is saying that The Calculated field is also not supported in query filter expression. So when we using the Calculated column in Flow, we will get the error message “Calculated cannot be used in the query filter expression”. Please check the thread at here:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/SqlServer/en-US/328cbc11-f37c-4489-9bf7-9710c655f7d1/error-...

You could also consider to create a request at Flow Ideas Forum about this issue, hope PGs will take it into consideration in the future releases:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

PS: Please post Microsoft Flow related issues on Microsoft Flow Forums, the reason why I recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified respondents, and other partners who read the forum regularly will share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

however, any workaround for the time being... Thanks ~~

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,584)