Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Super User
Super User

unable to fetch image from SharePoint list column

Hi,

I have a sharepoint list column (ImageURL) with the image URL(images are stored on another list). I need these images to be displayed on my powerapp. 'ThisItem.ImageURL' is not displaying anything. Please advise.

12 REPLIES 12
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

Is this on a mobile device or PC? Assuming ImageURL is a Single Line of Text in the List with a the URL of the image file in the SharePoint Library, it should display on a browser, but will not in the mobile app. I also have a blog on SharePoint images that may be of use. If it is a mobile device, please refer to this blog.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I checked out your blog and <ThisItem.YourMLTextFieldName> was apt for my scenario where the SharePoint list has a column named ImageURL which has </sites/sitename/listname/image.jpg> in the content. The powerapps gallery imageholder doesnt throw an error but the image is blank. 

Note: All images are stored in a separate library </sites/sitename/listname/image.jpg>.

Appreciate your feedback.

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

ThisItem.YourMLTextFieldName refers to images stored in multi-line text fields as Base64 Text, not to images in a Library (I assume it is a Library not a List if it stores files) like yours.

The easiest way of displaying Library images is to link the Library to the App and have an matching identifier (Text or numeric - I generally use the ID of the "parent") in the Library then Lookup the Library and display the image with

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

I will post your PM below

I dont quite understand your point here; I have a library full of employee images with a column name 'Name'  and the images are renamed to their emp number.

WarrenBelz_0-1640756110120.png

I have connected my list to the app and need to display image from the column EmpProfileUrl as shown below:

WarrenBelz_1-1640756110103.png

Can you advise please?

I just tested an example in a gallery here using the URL /Sites/SiteName/ListName/FileName.jpg and it displayed fine. How are you displaying it?

Hi,

So I have connected the the list and used this formula.

Teresa24486_0-1640757213008.png

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

My example below - note - although \lists\ . . . . format is used in the URL Text it should resolve to the actual URL as below

URLGallery.png

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Unfortunately, my image isnt getting displayed with the same formula. 

Hi @Teresa24486 ,

Can you please post (in Text) all the relevant code you are using and where you are using it. Also can you also post a higher resolution screen shot of your list fields (I cannot read the last one).

Hi,

The SharePoint list is used as the data source to my app. Vertical Gallery is inserted, I have the other details populating except the image. On the image formula I used ThisItem.EmpProfileUrl and it displays blank.

Teresa24486_0-1640778041284.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,312)