Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chenhui
Helper I
Helper I

unable to find sharepoint site on powerapps

Hello,

I am attempting to upload an excel sheet from my sharepoint site onto power apps. However when i select add data >> Excel Online (Business) i am unable to find the sharepoint site of interest. I am able to see other sharepoint sites but the one im looking for is unavailable. May i know how i can go about fixing this issue? Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chenhui ,

Please try to use 'Group' instead of 'Sharepoint Site' when you use Excel online (business) connector.

For example:

I have a sharepoint site called 'wearsky'.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1628066087529.png

If I use this in Excel online (business)

vxiaochenmsft_1-1628066368378.png

it will return an error 

vxiaochenmsft_2-1628066389684.png

So you could try to use this:

vxiaochenmsft_3-1628066421735.png

In addition, you could also try @Drrickryp 's solution. It's a better choice. And it's simpler and stable.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Chenhui ,

Please follow the below steps: 

1. Click on AddData 

2. CLick on connectors 

3.  Search for SharePoint 

4. Add connector and when promoted for URL please add the sharepoint url

PriyankaMadan10_0-1628052027807.png

PriyankaMadan10_1-1628052102801.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hello @PG_WorXz10 ,

Thank you so much for the quick response, may i clarify how i can access the excel sheet file that is in the sharepoint? I am currently only able to see the sharepoint list. Thank you very much! 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Chenhui 

I don't believe you can. The datasource Excel table should be in your one drive for business folder.

Hi @Chenhui,

I agree with @Drrickryp  it should be in your one drive for business folder 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chenhui ,

Please try to use 'Group' instead of 'Sharepoint Site' when you use Excel online (business) connector.

For example:

I have a sharepoint site called 'wearsky'.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1628066087529.png

If I use this in Excel online (business)

vxiaochenmsft_1-1628066368378.png

it will return an error 

vxiaochenmsft_2-1628066389684.png

So you could try to use this:

vxiaochenmsft_3-1628066421735.png

In addition, you could also try @Drrickryp 's solution. It's a better choice. And it's simpler and stable.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

Chenhui
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @Drrickryp @PG_WorXz10 @v-xiaochen-msft 

Thank you so much for the response! The reason i assumed the share point sites would work is because some of the share point sites do appear when i select excel (business). May i know if i choose to use one drive if other users will still be able to edit on the excel sheet. As well as if users of the power apps will be able to view the data. The reason i switched to share point site was because previously when the excel sheet was in a sharepoint group, users who are not in the share point group have been unable to view the information when using the app is there any way around that?

Really appreciate the help i am getting from everyone! 

Best Regards,

Chenhui

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chenhui ,

For your first question (May i know if i choose to use one drive if other users will still be able to edit on the excel sheet )

They can still edit the excel sheet.

For your second question (As well as if users of the power apps will be able to view the data)

You can see the data in the canvas. But it should be noted that if a user directly modifies the data in excel, you may have to refresh the data source to synchronize the data to your canvas in time.

For your third question:

You could try to directly share the Excel file to the user in sharepoint document library.And check if the user could see the data in canvas app.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1628134023804.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky

Hello @v-xiaochen-msft,

Thank you so much for the prompt respond! Really appreciate all the help! May i clarify, for the sharepoint group and my excel is within that sharepoint group, for users who are not in the group, how will they be able to see the information on power apps? I have tried to give viewing access to the file via link sharing to those not in the group, but it appears that they are still unable to view the information in the power apps.

Best Regards,

Chenhui

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chenhui ,

Could you tell me:

Have you used the Excel Online (Business) connector to get excel data in canvas now?

Are the users who can't see the data in your organization/tenant? Or are they guests?

Could you add them to the sharepoint group?

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,264)