cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salah Helper III
Helper III

unable to move field in a form

Dear Sir,

Suddenly I am unable to move any field in a form what can i do? i need to change its location.

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19
SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: unable to move field in a form

Having the same issue.  I cant move any fields on my SharePoint Integrated form.  Doesnt matter if the cards are unlocked or not.  I have moved these fields many many times and now I cant move any of them.  HELP

SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

I do not have snap to columns on!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Salah,

Do you want to move any field (Data Card control) within a form (Edit Form or Display Form)?

I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. I could not move any Data Card controls within a Form control (Edit Form or Display Form) no matter if the Data Card controls are locked or unlocked.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try with the following steps:

• Select the Edit form within your app.
  • Within right panel, click Data property to show Data panel.
  • Within the Fields part of the Data panel, drag the field that you want to move to any location.

More details about re-odering the cards in data form (Edit form or Display form) control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-forms-sharepoint

In addition, you could also reference to the following gif image:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SPDevelKMT Advocate III
Advocate III

That solution works great for a single column form but not as well for a form that has mutiple columns.  I have found that they can also be moved using the X and Y options on the cards.  The drag functionality broke sometime last week.

Kermit
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, i hope they solve this quickly, its very annoying.

Highlighted
George_I

its ok, its normal, just relax. these days its a normal standard for microsoft developers to get sallary for making problems.

Otherwise guys from patching department will have no bugs to patch.  

guys finished with infopath and thinking that they have made something better, instead of doing something good a simple web editor well tight to SP and other data sourcess they have developped a hige headache.

In reality we have piece of service improperly constructed form the ground. with each update its just becoming unpredictable. 

this issue unfortunatelly not the first and not the last.

to be continued ...

Kermit
Regular Visitor

I still have the problem, someone know how to solve it?

Salah Helper III
Helper III

@v-xida-msft @v-micsh-msft Dear Support,

Can we please have an answer to this issue? at least a time frame when will it be solved??

it seems it happening with everybody... we need an answer urgently

thanks!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

Please take a try to enable the Render in classic mode, see if that would help to make the customization work.

To find the options, go to:

File->App Settings->Advanced settings, scroll down to the bottom of the settings, and enable it.

Reference:

Render.gif

If the issue still insists, then please post back and I will send the feedback from our side.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,272)