cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReinderSentia
Frequent Visitor

unable to set datasource environment variable during import

When I move my solution from dev to test, I'm assuming I can then change my datasource environment variable for a Sharepoint list during import, but all I can change is the Sharepoint site environment variable.

Here are the steps I executed for my existing solution:

- create Sharepoint site environment variable inside my solution

- create multiple Sharepoint list environment variables inside my solution

- use the list variables in my canvas app that is inside the same solution, save & publish the app

- for each environment variable, choose 'Remove from this solution' to clear the current value (see 'export.png' attachment)

- export the solution as Managed (published all customizations before exporting)

- import the solution on my test environment: I only get to choose a connection (see 'first import on test.png' attachment)

I have followed all the steps as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFGcXSAgawM

When I create a fresh solution with a new canvas app with environment variables, it does seem to work!

How come I can't change the sharepoint list environment variables during import of my existing solution?

Cheers
reinder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@ReinderSentia try turning the Automatically create environment variables when adding data sources setting on. Then remove and re-add your data source. This will automatically add environment variables. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@ReinderSentia try turning the Automatically create environment variables when adding data sources setting on. Then remove and re-add your data source. This will automatically add environment variables. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

ReinderSentia
Frequent Visitor

@CNT thanks, I was just about to try that out when you replied. 
I removed my environment variables and recreated them through my canvas app. I exported the solution and now the environment variables do show up during import, great!

Thanks for the help.

@ReinderSentia Glad to help!

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept the solution as it will help others in the future.

askondo
Community Support
Community Support

@CNT Thanks for always keeping the forum active.

Rohit4044041
Helper II
Helper II

@ReinderSentia DId those datasource variable work in PowerApp after importing and updating in destination tenant/environment? For me, powerapp kept referring source app datasource, even though envirnment variable is updated correctly. I had to edit my canvas app again after import, remove the datasoruce and re-add. Which defies the purpose of having solutions

@Rohit4044041 yes, setting the variable through the app worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,302)