cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

undefinedEdit Sharepoint List Attachments in Web Browser after Customising Powerapp

I have a Sharepoint list that is being populated by a Powerapp and users can upload Excel attachments. 

When I click on the attachment I am able to edit it in the web browser version of Excel and it saves automatically. This is what is needed. 

After I have used Powerapps to customomise the edit area I am no longer able to edit the attachment in the web browser and it wants to download and save the attachment. 

Can anyone help with this please?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: undefinedEdit Sharepoint List Attachments in Web Browser after Customising Powerapp

Hi,

I don't think you will be able to achieve this, when you click on the attachment to edit from a web browser or from a phone, you are saving a copy locally to that device then editing that, not editing an online copy - you would have to save that item you are editing as a new copy somewhere and then use the editForm function on the PowerApps form item to remove the existing attachment and choose the new one from local storage.

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: undefinedEdit Sharepoint List Attachments in Web Browser after Customising Powerapp

Thanks Man Cat. 

The thing is that before I customise the edit window of sharepoint with Powerapps I am able to edit the attachment in the web browser and it saves automatically and updates the original which is in the List. I am editing an online copy. 

After the customisation this doesn't happen.......

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @JoeyJoey 

Yes, I understand what you are saying, I was clarifying that with PowerApps, that is how attachments are currently dealt with (saving a local copy), so when using PowerApps to customize you are then not editing the online copy.

I've tested this on my side and can confirm that this is currently how it is being dealt with.

I've seen that someone has posted an Idea on the Ideas forum that lists the same situation as you - I have now voted for this as well (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Edit-attachments-from-within-PowerApps-form-and-...)

Sorry that I am not able to assist more, hopefully the team will get onto this one in the near future,

Thanks,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @ZIAM 

I've voted for the idea as well because it's rubbish as it is. We need the browser based editing!!!

Cheers

Joey

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,243)