Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue_lotus
Helper III
Helper III

unknown error, insufficient memory

Dear community,

Whenever I run my app offline, i get "an unknown error occured" and also when i want to SaveData from a collection I get "there was insufficient memory to save your data; Please reduce the amount of data you are attempting to save",

when I actually am saving very little data.

I check that my phone has enough memory, I have tried to run it on other phones but I still encounter the same problem error messages.

Could anyone help me please?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blue_lotus,

Could you please share a bit more about your SaveData formula within your app?

What size is the RAM within your Mobile device?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think you have faced a insufficient memory issue with your Mobile device.

Please take a try to clear cache of your PowerApps Mobile App via clicking "Clear Cache" option within your PowerApps Mobile App.

In addition, please take a try to filter your source data, and just cache necessary data into your mobile device using SaveData function, check if the issue is solved.

Also please take a try to run your app within a Mobile device which has larger RAM, e.g. 8 GB, or within a Tablet device (e.g. iPad) then check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it, run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the RAM is 4 GB, of which 1.4 GB is free.

I have cleared the cache of Power Apps.

My code is below. The collect function works. Because I can see the collection in a gallery. 

But the savedata does not. Thank you for your help

If(Connection.Connected,

If(Or(IsBlank(DataCardValue19),IsBlank(DataCardValue20),IsBlank(DataCardValue21),Value(Text(DataCardValue19))>30,Value(Text(DataCardValue19))<1,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))<60,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))>180,Value(Text(DataCardValue21))<60,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))>180),

UpdateContext({popup1:true}),

SubmitForm(Form2);Navigate(screen_welcome,ScreenTransition.None)),

Collect(offline_records,{c_date: DataCardValue18.SelectedDate,c_centre: Dropdown1.Selected.Value,c_bag: DataCardValue19.Text,c_sample1: DataCardValue20.Text,c_sample2: DataCardValue21.Text,c_sieved: ListBox1.Selected.Value});

SaveData(offline_records,"offline_records_local_storage");

Navigate(screen_welcome,Transition.None))

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,678)