Did you mean: 
ma_91
Helper I
Helper I

-

-

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@ma_91 Add a TextInput control (rename it as searchLastName) and put this formula in the DefaultSelctedItems property of the ComboBox,

Filter(test_v02, last_name=searchLastName.Text)

Now when the user types a name in the newly created text input, the ComboBox will only show the person who's Last Name matches the text typed.

View solution in original post

Instead of:

"Filter(test_v02, Value=TextInput.Text)"

Try:

"Filter(test_v02, Last_Name=TextInput.Text)"

Also, make sure there are no 'unseen' spaces in either the column values or the text control...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNT
Super User
Super User

@ma_91 

I believe you are using a ComboBox, with Allow searching property set to yes. Turn it to Off.

Add a TextInput and set the Items property of the ComboBox to (replace control, table and column names as applicable),

Filter(yourDataSource, Value=TextInput.Text)

-

@ma_91 Add a TextInput control (rename it as searchLastName) and put this formula in the DefaultSelctedItems property of the ComboBox,

Filter(test_v02, last_name=searchLastName.Text)

Now when the user types a name in the newly created text input, the ComboBox will only show the person who's Last Name matches the text typed.

a30.jpga31.jpg

Take one text input.

In your combo box where names are appearing. In it's item property write this code:

Filter(ListName,FirstName=TextInput3.Text)

What will happen is once someone writes full name in text box. Only that entry will be visible in Combobox. In my case it is Matthew

PS:  Make sure you select proper filed to display in combobox. In your case it's Lastname

a32.jpg

Instead of:

"Filter(test_v02, Value=TextInput.Text)"

Try:

"Filter(test_v02, Last_Name=TextInput.Text)"

Also, make sure there are no 'unseen' spaces in either the column values or the text control...

Also, further down the line you might also want to add a filter where Date_In = Today().  To help with security.

ma_91
Helper I
Helper I

-

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,979)