cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostpassword
Regular Visitor

update LookUp Field in Dynamics 365

I am Building a Powerapp for a Customer. The entity from dynamics 365 I want to update is Accounts. There are three screens named BrowseScreen, DetailScreen, and EditScreen. BrowseScreen shows the accounts list, and when you select an account it navigates you to DetailScreen.
DetailScreen shows data fields details about that selected account and if you want to edit that account there is an edit button on the DetailScreen which will navigate you to EditForm from where you can edit the fields you want to modify in Accounts.detailscreen.JPG

But the problem is, in accounts, there is a lookup field called Parent Account which specifies who is the parent of that particular account. In EditForm there is a Parent Account Dropdown populated with account names, I want to update particular account parent account field in the d365 to the dropdown selected value on the click of the submit button. I have written Formula to Patch the accounts record but it's not working. it's giving me the server response error.

Screenshot (64).png

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion. thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: update LookUp Field in Dynamics 365

Did you get this solved? I'm facing a similar issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,175)