cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaking
Helper V
Helper V

update office365 user photo in powerapps

Is it possible to update the user profile image in powerapps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes! The Onboarding Tasks demo app actually has this functionality, so digging into that app should be helpful. Create a new canvas app and select the tablet layout templates to find it.

Otherwise, the quick answer is to use the Office365Users connection and the following code:

Office365Users.UpdateMyPhoto("image/jpeg", UploadedImage1.Image)

where UploadedImage1.Image is the picture you want to use.

Also, you can do that by logging into office.com, clicking your name in the top right corner, and selecting 'My Office profile', if you are just wanting to do that in general and not as a PowerApp feature.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wyotim
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Yes! The Onboarding Tasks demo app actually has this functionality, so digging into that app should be helpful. Create a new canvas app and select the tablet layout templates to find it.

Otherwise, the quick answer is to use the Office365Users connection and the following code:

Office365Users.UpdateMyPhoto("image/jpeg", UploadedImage1.Image)

where UploadedImage1.Image is the picture you want to use.

Also, you can do that by logging into office.com, clicking your name in the top right corner, and selecting 'My Office profile', if you are just wanting to do that in general and not as a PowerApp feature.

Hi, this method has now changed and does not work. Are you able to help with new instructions please as we really want to get this function working in PowerApps to help our colleagues easily upload an image? Thank you

Iman

Hi all, I tried it, but it is giving me this error The function UpdateMyPhoto has some invalid argument.

ff1_12
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I use this formula to modify the picture through Outlook online:

OnSelect: Launch("https://outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/options/myaccount/action/photo")

Hi, how did you get the link to the profile picture setting in Outlook? I would need a link for the profile picture setting in teams. I need that, because the profile picture that you upload in Outlook does not sync with the profile picture in teams.

All the best

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,700)