cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timm1
Helper III
Helper III

updating Sharepoint content from a second screen.

Hello-  I have form that I built from a Sharepoint list.  User fills out the form and when submits, it updates the list and it sends an email out to a specific user with a link to the form. That user can open the form to look at the content. I have a button that opens up a NEW screen with some information and a COMMENTS field which is in the sharepoint list. When they add comments and submit, it should update that COMMENTS field and sends email to a different specific user to add their comments.  I can’t seem to get the COMMENTS field to update the current list items.  It either creates a new record or, it doesn’t save. I have tried patching, variables, updatecontext… I just don’t understand enough to figure this one out.  Hope I explained this well enough.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Timm1 ,

Please share your code (in Text) and where you are using it.

Thank you for your reply.  Please disregard.  I went a different route. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,533)