cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timm1
Helper III
Helper III

updating Sharepoint content from a second screen.

Hello-  I have form that I built from a Sharepoint list.  User fills out the form and when submits, it updates the list and it sends an email out to a specific user with a link to the form. That user can open the form to look at the content. I have a button that opens up a NEW screen with some information and a COMMENTS field which is in the sharepoint list. When they add comments and submit, it should update that COMMENTS field and sends email to a different specific user to add their comments.  I can’t seem to get the COMMENTS field to update the current list items.  It either creates a new record or, it doesn’t save. I have tried patching, variables, updatecontext… I just don’t understand enough to figure this one out.  Hope I explained this well enough.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Timm1 ,

Please share your code (in Text) and where you are using it.

Thank you for your reply.  Please disregard.  I went a different route. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,155)