cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raicolaria

updating a column in share point

Hello folks 

Hope you all are doing well and can help me with this problem. 

I would like to update the content of a specific column in SharePoint. The column is selected based on a text input but I don't know how to make a data card to take this text  and update the content of the column using the editform control. 

Looking forward to hear from you!

Raico

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@raicolaria 

It sounds like you are trying to use a TextInput to dynamically change which column information is written to (by name).  This type of reference to a column is not allowed in PowerApps.

You can use logic based on the Text in the input to Switch on the value there and then declare a column to that, but you cannot do it by reference to another object.

If I am not understanding your initial post, then let me know more detail on your scenario.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hi Randy 

Thank you for reading my post. 

You are right and that has been my problem. I am using a text input to try to call a column, but now I realized that probably I should use a label box instead of a text input. Does that make sense? 

thanks 

Raico 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,882)