Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xrxr031
Helper I
Helper I

updating picture via powerapps

Hello, 

I have an app where a user can use the camera option in powerapps and submit a picture of an item.  The image is then sent to sharepoint in the image info column.  This is the code i am using to load the entries into sharepoint:

(Patch(MySPList, Defaults(MySPList), (Form1_1.Updates), (Form4.Updates), (Form1.Updates), {'Image Info': First(ImageCollection).Url}));
Navigate(Success);

This works fine for the initial entry.  However how would I update the existing entry?  for example, the user comes back and says that the picture they uploaded via the camera was not clear enough so they want to upload another picture but without creating a new entry into the app (i.e. they want to just update the existing entry).  what is the best way to simply update the picture?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @xrxr031 ,

Same process, but refer to the record - assuming you have the record ID available when selected from a gallery

Patch(
   MySPList, 
   {ID:GalleryName.Selected.ID},
   {'Image Info': First(ImageCollection).Url}
);

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @xrxr031 ,

Same process, but refer to the record - assuming you have the record ID available when selected from a gallery

Patch(
   MySPList, 
   {ID:GalleryName.Selected.ID},
   {'Image Info': First(ImageCollection).Url}
);

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi WarrenBelz, 

Thank you so much for your reply.  Your suggestion worked.  Thank you so much for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,498)