cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user().image : do you get anything ?

Hi,

i just wand to know if anybody is able to get his user().image ? I don't whereas my profile is complete,

Matthieu

Matthieu Megaly
4 REPLIES 4
Steelman70
Level 10

Re: user().image : do you get anything ?

Hi, I get the standard image (see below) but I had not uploaded a photo to my profile.  I uploaded a photo about 30 minutes ago but it still not showing up in PowerApps, although it is showing up in my profile etc.

Capture3.PNG

Steelman70
Level 10

More than 12 hours later and still no image...

Hi,

Thank you for your replies !

I do have the photo in my profile since 4 months and i got the same standard picture... I guess that function isn't working or it takes the picture from another place, AAD maybe... 

It would be interesting to know if anybody got the personnal picture

Matthieu Megaly
Steelman70
Level 10

Hi, I think the problem is with authorisations.  If you place an HTML control in your PowerApp and set the source as an HTML img tag pointing to your Office365 picture, something like this...

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetPersonaPhoto?email=xxx.yyy@zzz.com&UA=0&size=HR64...

Then you will see that it displays a cross, probaly meaning that the picture cannot be retrieved.  But in SharePoint Online the link works fine.

If you don't have that many users then you could reproduce the image database (i.e. email and picture) and then in PowerApps use the User().Email function to retrieve the right picture

I think we will just have to wait until the PowerApps team resolve this one as well before we can use the user().image function directly

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,887)