Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVosEska
Resolver III
Resolver III

using ComboBox default selection

Hi all,

I did not find any answers to this, so here it goes:

I have a Combobox autopopulated by using the DefaultSelectedItems. This is all going as expected.

Next, i want to put this value in variable, or in labels, but i cannot seem to reference the DefaultSelectedItems property.

Combobox.SelectedItems.Value does not work, because nothing is manually selected yet.

Any ideas on how to use this property anywhere?

Much appreciated,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PVosEska
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Strange behaviour indeed!

I do wonder how you reference the Items in the DefaultSelectedItems property? I usually get the circular reference issue.

My workaround now is to recreate the DefaultSelectedItems (Always one value) into my Labels and patches, which is a Concatenate() of different Sources.

If anyone has any solutions or more convenient workarounds, Feel Free!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @PVosEska ,

Unfortunatelly this is not a solution to your issue, it is another strange behaivior.

Basically a put a ComboBox with DefaultSelectedItems set as the ComboBox Items, a Gallery with Items property set on ComboBox.SelectedItems with a label inside Gallery with Text property set one of comboBox items column.

So the result on the begining seems to work, but ... please watch my gif :

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif

The monitor said that all action were succesfull, but my app restarted suddenly.

PVosEska
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @gabibalaban ,

Strange behaviour indeed!

I do wonder how you reference the Items in the DefaultSelectedItems property? I usually get the circular reference issue.

My workaround now is to recreate the DefaultSelectedItems (Always one value) into my Labels and patches, which is a Concatenate() of different Sources.

If anyone has any solutions or more convenient workarounds, Feel Free!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,317)