cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanda_Pro

using patch in text input and getting error: "The requested operation is invalid. Server response failed. The value must be provided for item"

Need human interaction in power bi report as per client idea. So, i need to make a table structure in powerapps and make one row to human interaction to change as he like. FYI, In below table, i need human interaction in Surplus/Deficit.PBI table.PNG

I saw text input will do this work. So, i made a dummy table and made a workaround. And i am getting an error.PA.PNG

Please help me out. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FernandoTC
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Nanda_Pro 

As I can see in the OnCHange Property of your Text input, you have a Patch funcion which is meant to alter the field 'Salary' of that record. You are giving the patch function a value that is neither text or number, you are giving it an objetct 'TextInput5'

Just add .Text after TextIput5 so you are referring to the Text property. Aslo you can use Value() function to convert that text string into a number to avoid data type conflicts:

Patch('[public].[demo]',ThisItem,{salary:Value(TextInput5.Text)})

This should work properly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FernandoTC
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Nanda_Pro 

As I can see in the OnCHange Property of your Text input, you have a Patch funcion which is meant to alter the field 'Salary' of that record. You are giving the patch function a value that is neither text or number, you are giving it an objetct 'TextInput5'

Just add .Text after TextIput5 so you are referring to the Text property. Aslo you can use Value() function to convert that text string into a number to avoid data type conflicts:

Patch('[public].[demo]',ThisItem,{salary:Value(TextInput5.Text)})

This should work properly

View solution in original post

Hi @FernandoTC 

This works like champ, Thanks you

I have an other doubt, can you clear me please.

Nanda_Pro_0-1594804787440.png

I am going to use this table as power apps table, and text input row (human interaction) as Surplus/Deficit. And the card visual (Current quarter achieved) and (Current quarter catchup) is calculated using Surplus/Deficit. So, my question is, can i write dax from powerapps table (Surplus/Deficit) to show value in card (power bi desktop)

Hi @Nanda_Pro 

I'm not sure if I got clear what you want to do here. As I understood, you are going to build that same table in PowerApps and you want to display, inside the app, the same info shown in PowerBI data cards. Am I right?

If so, PowerApps does not allow DAX. However, there are several functions built in power apps that will allow you to manipulate the data displayed on that table to obtain the same value you have in those data-cards.

If you need more detailed help you should provide more detailed info.

Sorry for delay reply @FernandoTC 

Nanda_Pro_0-1594804787440.png

I'm going to change this power bi table as Powerapps table to use text input (Bcoz of human interaction, client needs). Right side card is power bi card, those calculation are depends on this power bi table. So, once i change the pbi table to power apps table, then how to calculate the pbi card which is depends on the table value. Is there any functions or formula to use power apps value to calculate in power bi card visual?

Regards

Nanda

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,529)