cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJ84
Helper I
Helper I

using variables in forall - (or an alternative!)

Hi,

I am trying to modify the milestone app that Microsoft produced. The app creates multiple records in a datasource by using the forall function. I am trying to modify the app so that it creates calendar invites for each record and then patches the EventID of the calendar invite into the datasource so it can be looked up later. I've created the calendar invites no problem the variable I set says it cannot be invoked into the forall function plus I don't think this would work even if it allowed it.

MJ84_0-1647515500796.png

Further down in the code the app the writes the record see below the calendarID column (At the bottom) is one I have added and where I want to patch the EventID of the calendar invite to... 

MJ84_1-1647515938317.png

Really struggling with this so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @MJ84 

Yes you cannot use a Set or UpdateContext function to make variables inside a ForAll, but you can with the With function!

With function in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Adrian_Celis
Super User
Super User

Hi @MJ84 

Yes you cannot use a Set or UpdateContext function to make variables inside a ForAll, but you can with the With function!

With function in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

MJ84
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you --- suggestion was just what I needed 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,664)