Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

version. save why not overwrite ?

Hi 

I like to check when I edit and save my powerapp which is not published that I embedded in my SharePoint site, the updated changed saved version did not update into the site.  why??  I thought is it link?

2nd, I notice that after I saved, the details show in PowerApps are 

version 2 ..

Version 1... live

why are there so many version and why is it not overwriting the same copy?  I don't want so many version..

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@bbsin 
Yes, PowerApps will automatically remove the history for any versions over 6 months ago.  There is no limit to the number of versions.

And to answer your 2nd question: you must "Publish" your app to see the changes reflected in it.  If the changes are not present after this you might need to clear your web browser cache.  

The "Save" action only saves your progress to the editor.  No others can see it.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bbsin 
Actually, you do want this.  You just don't know it yet 😉

PowerApps will create a new version on each 'Save' action and you have the ability to restore from any point up to 6 months in the past.  This is an incredibly helpful and important feature.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

OK, does it mean that after 6 months it will auto remove the earlier version?

and why is the data not updated into the SP site which I had link with PowerApps when I make changes in PowerApps and saved?

Thanks.

Highlighted

@bbsin 
Yes, PowerApps will automatically remove the history for any versions over 6 months ago.  There is no limit to the number of versions.

And to answer your 2nd question: you must "Publish" your app to see the changes reflected in it.  If the changes are not present after this you might need to clear your web browser cache.  

The "Save" action only saves your progress to the editor.  No others can see it.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,789)