Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StijnDekimpe
Helper I
Helper I

viewing a gallery item over multiple screens

HI,

I have an app with multiple screens and multiple forms on those screens.

But when I want to view an item from the gallery I can only see the info on the first screen when going to the next screen it shows a New Form. 

I need to switch between new and edit 

I added screen shots of each screen,

thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@StijnDekimpe 

As @WarrenBelz suggests, the use of NewForm and EditForm would be preferred over a variable.

However, it also appears that you are trying to split entry over multiple screens - perhaps I am not seeing the full picture as I am not sure of your app flow either, but if you are looking to split over multiple screens, you might want to take a look over my video on that subject.

Also on my channel is a video of EditForms - everything you ever wanted to know, and some things you never imagined.  This might help you if you are struggling with certain areas of forms.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

@StijnDekimpe ,

This may not be the only issue, but the top line of the code below below

GeneralInfoScreen (1).png

needs to be on the DefaultMode of the Form, not on the icon.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Done that, thanks

But I think I need something on the icon where he sets a VarMode same as that screen it's in, otherwise it automatically go's to New. 

Any idea?

@StijnDekimpe ,

Without seeing the logic of you app flow, very hard to answer, but I will suggest that varMode will cause you issues you do not need. Simply set the Form Mode as you need to NewForm(FormName), EditForm(FormName).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I prefer not to work with NewForm and EditForm.

I created one form with diffrent screens and in the same form switch from New to Edit that way I do not need to double the screens

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@StijnDekimpe 

As @WarrenBelz suggests, the use of NewForm and EditForm would be preferred over a variable.

However, it also appears that you are trying to split entry over multiple screens - perhaps I am not seeing the full picture as I am not sure of your app flow either, but if you are looking to split over multiple screens, you might want to take a look over my video on that subject.

Also on my channel is a video of EditForms - everything you ever wanted to know, and some things you never imagined.  This might help you if you are struggling with certain areas of forms.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

@StijnDekimpe ,

I would also recommend you watch @RandyHayes 's video. Also be prepared to change some of your thinking on structure (which I was leading into when you responded to my Variable suggestion)

Hi, i added my flow. 

I'm in the process of watching your videos 🙂

Hi Randy,

It's working for 9%.

only on a few request it doesn't let me show the new data.

I got it working and the following screens and forms shows the data.

Now I changed something re-saved the forms it's the same button as with saving a new item. 

But when I go now to the gallery and select the item it keeps showing the old date. in the sharepoint it's ok. 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@StijnDekimpe 

What about from your Gallery - what is the OnSelect action formula for the Gallery (or perhaps some icon or button you have in there to go to the form)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,551)