Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMathur
Helper V
Helper V

want a particular record to be visible in a text box

Hi FOlks,

I have a gallery with list of item> then on clicking of this item take to a form > then a screen, where i want to show a particular record from that gallery.selected item. what function i should use?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @IMathur ,

The Item of the Form would be 

YourGalleryName.Selected

and the DataSource of the form the list you are using.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Do you mean you want to get QUESTReportNumber of the selected gallery Item? If thats the case then YourGallery.Selected.QUESTReportNumber should work!

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @IMathur ,

The Item of the Form would be 

YourGalleryName.Selected

and the DataSource of the form the list you are using.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @IMathur ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thanks for asking, but please see the image below. I have this TextInput1 and a formula applied on the submit button. Now i want to show the value of this 'QUESTReportNumber' for this particular gallery seleted item in textbox, if it already has a value filled in that particular record.

IMathur_0-1604403870100.png

Hi @IMathur ,

A completely different question to the one posted. I can see two Delegation errors only - what are they referring to?

summitb
Power Participant
Power Participant

Do you mean you want to get QUESTReportNumber of the selected gallery Item? If thats the case then YourGallery.Selected.QUESTReportNumber should work!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,504)