cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

I have a formula for Patch and Set.

 

I keep getting a readonly error for the patch statement for my sharepoint list ?

datasource error.jpg

 

error here - > Patch(t_redbook_pricing_escalation_master

 

Set(MyRecord,
Patch(t_redbook_pricing_escalation_master,Defaults(t_redbook_pricing_escalation_master),
{
QS_RACFID: txt_QS_RACFID.Text,
CALLER_RACFID: txt_Caller_Racfid_New.Text,
CALLER_NAME: txt_CALLER_NAME_NEW.Text,
CALLER_NAME_EMAIL: txt_Caller_Name_email_New.Text,
CALLER_DSM_EMAIL: txt_Caller_dsm__email_New.Text,
CALLER_DSM_NAME: txt_DSM_NAME_NEW.Text,
CALLER_RSVP_EMAIL: txt_RSVP_NAME_NEW.Text,
CALLER_RSVP_NAME: txt_RSVP_NAME_NEW.Text,
FVP_EMAIL: txt_fvp_email_New.Text,
FVP_Name: txt_FVP_NAME_NEW.Text,
QUOTE_NUMBER: txt_Quote_Number_New.Text,
ACCOUNT_NUMBER: txt_Account_Number_New.Text,
ACCOUNT_NAME: txt_Account_Name_New.Text,
OPPORTUNITY_VALUE: Value(txt_Opportunity_Value_New.Text),
ROLLING_12_SALES: Value(txt_Rolling_12_Sales_New.Text),
ROLLING_12_GP: Value(txt_Rolling_12_GP_New.Text),
REASON_FOR_ESCALATION: txt_BusinessCase_New.Text, ///FYI "REASON FOR ESCALATION" IN OLD PROGRAM
COST_SUPPORT: txt_Cost_Support_New.Text,
NOTES_QS: txt_qs_Internal_Notes_1_New.Text,
LEADER_RESPONSE: txt_LeaderResponse_1_new.Text,
STATUS: dd_Status_1_new.Selected.Value,
STATUS_DATE: txt_STATUS_DATE.SelectedDate,
DATE_MODIFIED: txt_STATUS_DATE.SelectedDate,
DATE_MODIFIED_PERSON: txt_qs_fullname.Text,
COMPETITOR_NAME: txt_Competitor_Name_New.Text,
ESCALATION_CREATED_BY: txt_qs_fullname.Text,
PRICE_REQUESTED_UNTIL: dp_PriceRequested_New.SelectedDate,
NSC_SUBMIT_NAME: txt_nsc_Name_New.Text,
NSC_EMAIL_ADDRESS: txt_nsc_email_New.Text,
NSC_SUBMIT_ESCALATION: dwn_Nsc_Submit_New.Selected.Value,
SALESFORCE_SELLER_SUBMIT_TC_ESC: dwn_Salesforce_New.Selected.Value,
BUSINESS_CASE_OPTION: dwn_BusinessCase_Option_New.Selected.Value,
Escalation_Type: dwn_dsm_override_new.Selected.Value,
OPPORTUNITY_LARGE_BID: dwn_Opportunity_Large_Bid_New.Selected.Value,
LargeCustomer: dwn_Track_Code_Owner_New.Selected.Value

}
)
);

 

I have reloaded the sharepoint list and does contain an ID.

Thanks

Dave

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

we had switched  accounts. They had not issued me Full Control on my new account for this sharepoint site.

Thanks

 

Dave

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

@DAVIDPOWELL1 
Are you using SQL or Common Data Service as the Datasource?  If yes, the table MUST have a 'primary key'.  Go back and check your datasource: its probably not setup.

Also, you may not write back to a SQL-View.  They are read-only.

 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

@mdevaney  no, its a sharepoint list, 

 

dave

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

@DAVIDPOWELL1 
That is SUPER weird.  I've only seen this issue happen on SQL before.

What happens if you delete and re-add the connection?  PowerApps is a wierdo sometimes and requires this type of trick.

 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

@mdevaney,

I have done that 4 times now.

i deleted the list from sharepoint and reloaded it also.

 

Dave

 

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

has to be something on the permissions side.

Wont work on any list.

 

I will get back.

 

Dave

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

Hi @DAVIDPOWELL1 ,

 

This seems to be a permission inheritance issue. You are only assigned with Read or Restricted View permission in SharePoint Group so you can only view the list Items.

Please go to SharePoint Site Permission to check your permission level, or Contact with Admin of SharePoint.

Snipaste_2020-07-24_13-59-39.png

 

Hope this hleps.

Sik

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: weird datasource issue on Patch and Set formula

we had switched  accounts. They had not issued me Full Control on my new account for this sharepoint site.

Thanks

 

Dave

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,103)