Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rutu1455
Frequent Visitor

what type of application we can build in power apps

Hello Everyone ,

I want to know what kind of application or domain we can build in power apps ,

can we use large dataset application with complex functionality or it can only create small business application.

Thank in Advance

Regards

@Rutu1455 

4 REPLIES 4
BrianS
Super User
Super User

They can be as complex as you like. You can use SQL data, Dataverse, Sharepoint, RSS feeds, etc.

Rutu1455
Frequent Visitor

@BrianS  Can I use millions records in Power apps using SQL server

BrianS
Super User
Super User

There are some limitations with delegation. 

Those can be found here.

PowerApps is really just accessing the data, provided your data source can hold the data it will work. The delegation issues are based on what your source can manipulate before it sends it to the app

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rutu1455,

Choosing the right data source for your application is probably the most critical decision you can make when designing a Power App. If you're building a new app that will be transactional in nature and will require relationships between data, you should look at Dataverse. It is highly scalable and suitable even for large and complex enterprise applications.

For simple applications with relatively flat or unstructured data, SharePoint is common and suitable for most simple needs. 

If your data is already in a SQL Server database and you want to build a new application on top of that data, Power Apps will work well for this as you don't need to completely overhaul your back end data model. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (5,088)