cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

why is PDF attached in SharePoint list not showing in Gallery? HELP..

HI 

Need help.

I follow one of the youtube to display attachment from SP list in Powerapps.  

this is a gallery and the image is thisitem.value - that is pulling the attachment in SP list, it only show jpg files but  not showing the pdf file 

Can anyone help

1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @bbsin ,

Sorry, only image files (jpg etc) will resolve in an image control displaying attachments - anything else will be a blank image.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @bbsin ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to display PDF which is one of the Attachments of an item in the list in a Gallery?

If so, after testing in above scenario on my end, I'm afraid there is no way to display PDF in Image Control, and PDF Viewer could not be added into Gallery.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-jefferni ,

I can confirm this from a lot of prior testing - I would like greatly to be able to do this as well.

The alternative is to store the PDFs in a SharePoint Library, then the Image will show in a gallery with 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail]'.Large

This item in my blog on the subject sets out the process. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,405)