cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natanz
Frequent Visitor

why is this expression invalid

if(isBlank(items('Apply_to_each')?['FieldName']),"",1)

I am trying to use an expression to test for a blank value in an excel table that i am importing to sharepoint.  I want to avoid my prep step of adding numbers into all my blank cells in the table.  At the end of the day, i will replace the final 1 (else) with something more useful.

I got the expression builder to finally take this expression/formula/function, but when i ran the flow i got the following error:
InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item_4' inputs at line '1' and column '2275': 'The template function 'isBlank' is not defined or not valid.'.

any ideas how i can build this test in an expression for an update item action?
1 REPLY 1
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @natanz ,

Is this PowerAutomate issue ? 😊 I think is the wrong community, but let me give a shot.

There is no function called IsBlank() in PowerAutomate, you should use empty() function to check if your value is empty.

Also for string in PowerAutomate you have to use single quote ' , not double ".

And last you have as a result a string in one branch of the if clause and an integer in the other one. You can confuse the system with this approach.

Hope it helps ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,199)