cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

wierd date format bug

Hello I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here or if it's a bug.

I want the date to be display as dd-mmm-yy

Thanks

problemproblem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: wierd date format bug

In the Format property for the Date Picker control, you only need to specify the format itself, not how you want the date to be displayed. If you set it to

"dd-mmm-yy"

It should work.

What is happening in this case is that you're setting the format to "01-May-18"; all characters except 'y' are interpreted as literal characters, and 'y' is being interpreted as 'year as a 2-digit number', which is what is being displayed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

In the Format property for the Date Picker control, you only need to specify the format itself, not how you want the date to be displayed. If you set it to

"dd-mmm-yy"

It should work.

What is happening in this case is that you're setting the format to "01-May-18"; all characters except 'y' are interpreted as literal characters, and 'y' is being interpreted as 'year as a 2-digit number', which is what is being displayed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

thanks so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,649)