cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcorning
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

work stoppage due to CDS corruption

ever since i started getting cds provisioning errors when modifying fields (problem started last week), i cannot even update CDS entities without seeing an error that says "Invalid column name 'INCIDENTTYPE'". that is the field name i last tried to add or modify. this is now a show stopper issue.

I can't seem to get into PowerApps support page to open a ticket, because the Support page says i'm not signed in when i am.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Michael. I'm working directly with the product team on this and a half dozen other (related) issues. This corruption problem, in particular, was easy to fix: add back the IncidentType field to the entity. Now i can update the entity again.

Evidently, at some point over the last few days, as i was trying to get a new picklist-based field added to the table, the cds cache got out of sync with backstore. So by adding the previously removed field, the cache and the database engine were back in sync.

The next (biggest) issue we will come to terms with is this error i still get when modifying the entity [emphasis added]:

The provisioning request failed with 1 errors. See exception details for more information. RequestId: bd043168-e5f0-4932-a694-0009fe575d18.

The obvious issue with this error is that I have no way of interrogating the exception details with the RequetId. Understanding the underlying cause of the provisioning issue, then, is up to the product team, for now. Hopefully users like me will eventually have access to those "exception details" so we can correct the problem ourselves.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mcorning,

Sorry to hear your situation.

Common Data Service stops working when you are trying to edit or modify the INCIDENTTYPE field in a custom entity, right?

Would you please share more details about this field, what the data type is, and the corresponding field property, Unique, searchable Required property selected?

I will try to reproduce your scenario and then report from my side.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, Michael. I'm working directly with the product team on this and a half dozen other (related) issues. This corruption problem, in particular, was easy to fix: add back the IncidentType field to the entity. Now i can update the entity again.

Evidently, at some point over the last few days, as i was trying to get a new picklist-based field added to the table, the cds cache got out of sync with backstore. So by adding the previously removed field, the cache and the database engine were back in sync.

The next (biggest) issue we will come to terms with is this error i still get when modifying the entity [emphasis added]:

The provisioning request failed with 1 errors. See exception details for more information. RequestId: bd043168-e5f0-4932-a694-0009fe575d18.

The obvious issue with this error is that I have no way of interrogating the exception details with the RequetId. Understanding the underlying cause of the provisioning issue, then, is up to the product team, for now. Hopefully users like me will eventually have access to those "exception details" so we can correct the problem ourselves.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,190)