cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capoaus75
Advocate I
Advocate I

workflowReferenceName which GUID is referring to ?

Hi

In my DEV environment I have a solution containing a Cloud Flow that includes the action "Run a Child Flow" as you can see from
the image below, from the dropdown menu "Child Flow" I can select the flow and everything works fine.

capoaus75_0-1652225538653.png

Because I am going to move the solution to the TEST environment as a managed solution, I would like to use an
environment variable to setup the value of the Child Flow to run, so when I import the Power Automate in the Test environment
I do not have to edit the Power Automate to change the "Child Flow" value in TEST, but I can set the value during the solution import process.

If I copy to my clipboard the "Run a Child Flow" action and paste it in Notepad I can see that the code contains the following code:

"operationName":"Run_a_Child_Flow","operationDefinition":{"type":"Workflow","inputs":{"host":{"workflowReferenceName":"e6631ffa-0dd0-ec11-a7b6-002248943c2a"},

In the "Run a Child Flow" action I have replaced the selected value in the drop down "Child Flow" with the value specified in the workflowReferenceName and everything is working as expected.

capoaus75_1-1652225676922.png

So I think that when I import the solution in the TEST environment, if I can assign the workflowReferenceName value to the environment variable, the Flow should work fine in the TEST environment.

I thought that the GUID specified in the workflowReferenceName was the GUID of the child flow, but it's not. Anyone knows where the GUID for the workflowReferenceName comes from?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,345)