cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add an extra sheet to excel

Is it possible to add extra sheets to an excel sheet that we use currently.For eg, we are registering working hours of an employee in an excel sheet everyday.SO after One january month we need to add an extra sheet for Febrary.How is it possible witout adding it manually?

Hope Someone can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Add an extra sheet to excel

If you are just trying to manipulate an Excel file then you can do this through Flow with the Excel Online connector. It has a "Create Worksheet" action.

Of course, you could tie the Flow to PowerApps and run it from there and pass it names and other factors.

If you are trying to manipulate an Excel file that serves as a DataSource to your PowerApp...that would be problematic. 

Documentation for Excel Online says it's available in PowerApps, but I've never seen it in any other place except Flow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to add extra Excel sheets from within PowerApps. This is something that you would have to do manually.

Super User
Super User

If you are just trying to manipulate an Excel file then you can do this through Flow with the Excel Online connector. It has a "Create Worksheet" action.

Of course, you could tie the Flow to PowerApps and run it from there and pass it names and other factors.

If you are trying to manipulate an Excel file that serves as a DataSource to your PowerApp...that would be problematic. 

Documentation for Excel Online says it's available in PowerApps, but I've never seen it in any other place except Flow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK .thank you for your kind reply.I am making an app for registering working hours of employees that should use everyday.So I try to use  the same excel sheet  which we currently use for time entering as datasource in powerapps.SO after each month or or year it should connect automatically connect to another excel sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timl wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to add extra Excel sheets from within PowerApps. This is something that you would have to do manually.

Thank you for your reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 282 members 1,903 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: