cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

Hello. 

One of my apps recently received an error in which "An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response" is displayed. This error occurs when a user is trying to refresh the connection to the Azure SQL database. The database is connected to a gallery. 

This is the formula that I am using to sort and filter my SQL view, nothing too complex over here:

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[table]',Location = InspectDropDown.SelectedText.Value),"NextDate",Ascending)

What would cause this issue? I've done the following:

1. Did a manual refresh in the PowerApps editor.

2. Deleted the connection, and then reconnected.

3. Manually refreshed the SQL view within my DB.

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Brendon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

Remove SortByColumns. Does it work then? If so we have narrowed the issue to the Filter function.

I don’t understand what is meant by box on the side

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

Have you checked the status of the connection? You can find this info by clicking on the Connections option on the left-side when you first login to PowerApps and look for your database. What message appears there?

—-
Please accept this solution if it answers the question so that others may find it faster. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

The current status is connected. Up until last night, there hasn't been any problems. 

alse.PNG

mdevaney
Level 8

When was the last time the connection was working? Did the error occur after you made changes to your app? Or, did you just login one day to find the app was no longer working?

Also, are there other formulas in your app that can call the connection successfully? Can you make a simple data table/gallery with the connection without using the Filter() function?

A quick review of old forum posts did not turn up any obvious answers. Some folks seemed to wait overnight for the problem to be resolved magically. Others rewrote a formula and it worked.

Just trying to help you do a general problem solving exercise here

I am able to make a simple gallery using the SQL connector. The error seems to originate from the use of SortByColumns or Filter. 

Is there some box that I can hit on the side to make this work?

mdevaney
Level 8

Remove SortByColumns. Does it work then? If so we have narrowed the issue to the Filter function.

I don’t understand what is meant by box on the side

View solution in original post

mdevaney
Level 8

I have a weird idea. Could you try to use a combo box instead of a drop down and try to filter on the criteria using a statement like the below. I think the problem could be with the equals operator so I’d like to know if the IN operator is successful instead.

Location in InspectCombo.SelectedItems.Value

I am troubleshooting from a mobile phone so unfortunately I could not verify the correct condition statement so it could be slightly different.

I've tried this formula in the gallery Filter('[dbo].[table]',Location in InspectCombo.SelectedItems.Value) and a delegation warning is returned. 

Your weird idea worked for the time being!

Filter('[dbo].[table.dbo]', Location in InspectCombo.SelectedItems.Location)

Thank you for your assistance this morning!

mdevaney
Level 8

No problem. Please mark as solution so that others can find the same answer you did.

Best of luck

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 4,631 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: