cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sdmikejr
Level: Powered On

App Privileges

I have 2 questions related to security for Apps. It is important to note that all users in the company are on the same office 365 license and in the same enviroment. 

1) Will all users be able to see apps I have made but haven't shared with them?

2) If I've shared app with users through embedded Sharepoint, will they be able to go to powerapps.com, view and edit the app from there if they have edit permission in Sharepoint?

I want to enable sharing my app, and want specific people to edit the data in the app, but I should be the only one able to edit the app itself. What is the best protocol to handle this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agnues

Re: App Privileges

Only people with whom you have shared the app can open the app. Others even, if they have the link, can not open the app. They would get an error message saying that they do not have access to this app. 

I'm not quite sure about SharePoint, but basically in PowerApps, only the users who are saved as Owner/Co-Owner will be able to edit the app itself. For the users to just interact with the front-end of the app, save them as Users.

For this, Go to Apps > "your app name" (you can find this under details from powerapps home page) and Go to Share, you will find these options there. Screenshot_2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Agnues

Only people with whom you have shared the app can open the app. Others even, if they have the link, can not open the app. They would get an error message saying that they do not have access to this app. 

I'm not quite sure about SharePoint, but basically in PowerApps, only the users who are saved as Owner/Co-Owner will be able to edit the app itself. For the users to just interact with the front-end of the app, save them as Users.

For this, Go to Apps > "your app name" (you can find this under details from powerapps home page) and Go to Share, you will find these options there. Screenshot_2.png

PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Re-SharePoint. No, they won't be able to edit the PowerApp unless you explicitely share the PowerApp with them as a co-owner.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 3,825 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: